Friday, July 13, 2012

Holding in emotion and pain is not good for anybody.

When you hold in your emotions, and keep them bottled up inside of yourself, you are doing harm to yourself and sooner or later you are going to blow up at someone.  In fact, you are going to blow up and hurt someone, and it isn't going to be the person who hurt you or caused you the pain.  When you cannot express how you feel to others and are closed off, you have a tendency to become too serious about everything around you.  The littlest things bother you and before you know it you snap and will feel bad that it happened.  I do know what I am talking about, because I have lived this way most of my life.  I held everything in and bottled up inside of me, and I have snapped so many times on the wrong person and felt really bad after it happened.

I personally still have problem letting out feelings of hurt and anger, but I am working on it, daily I might add.  I don't want to ruin any more relationships or hurt anyone else in the process of my own growth and development.  For years and years I have held in my love, hate, pain, anger, and it has cost me much.  I hate confrontation, but I refuse to let my feelings be trampled on by anyone ever again.  If I am hurt I will tell you about it and you are just going to have to deal with it. Because you know what I don't stay angry long and when I get it out of my system, it is done and over with.

Take it from me if you can start talking about your emotions and how you feel with those that are closest too you.  There will definitely be less stress in your life, your relationships will go smoother and those around you will know where they stand with you. It is important for you to let those you care about know how you feel. Let them know daily that you love them and cherish them, do not go to bed angry, don't keep your feelings locked inside.  Because if you do, there is a good chance that they might not truly know or understand how you feel about them and you could loose them.

Another, problem with holding in emotion, is that it will make you bitter, you will always seem angry to others, and they will tend to shy away from you.  If you don't want to be alone, you are going to have to find away to open up to others and uncork those emotions you keep bottled up inside of you.  I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to learn how to do this.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment