Saturday, July 21, 2012

Me

I am who I am and that is all I can be.
I am not you and couldn't be.
So don't you judge or criticize
You are you and have your own ideals and beliefs
I don't think you can comprehend or understand me.
I don't believe like you, I am who I choose.

Whether right or wrong it is not your place
because when I look in the mirror I don't see your face.
I have my own mind and voice,
This is my right and my choice.

You think you are helping me
offering choice and pity.
But what I do and choose defines my path,
and how I handle things with a laugh
is how it is has got to be
I like to live life light and free.

Your pain and sacrifice are for you alone
My choice and decision are mine to atone
You have your own mind and will
That has made you my friend and still
I don't want to be you my friend
I need you to walk with me toward my end.

I am me and you are you
We are friends that is true,
As long as you can accept me
and can truly let me be
I accept and follow you
because I know all that you have been through

Because of that we are a match
and can make it through this rough patch
keep me strong and have my back
and I will do the same right back.

This is what makes us a pair
keeps us strong and helps us fare
the path of life
even though it is filled with strife
I am glad your here
with out you I would live in fear
that I couldn't make it through
but you keep me strong and true.

Thank you for you, for accepting me for who I am
because of you I am strong.
But I am what I am
Just like you are you.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment