Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's time again for another health update.

Figure since I have been keeping you all apprised to my health situation I should probably give you an update.  I had a busy week health wise and it is time to share with you what is going on.  On the surface it may seem like it isn't a big change, but to me I believe significant and wonderful things are happening.

On Tuesday, I had the staples removed from my head, if you remember correctly they were put there because of the accident that I was involved in on July 3rd.  Contrary to popular belief, they tell me I still have a brain, that nothing had seeped out of the wound.  Though I still experience the dizziness and becoming light headed at times, they say that the damage from the concussion is fading some.  Leg still in a cast, though they tell me that I should be able to have that removed around the 8th of August, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing.  Approximately 15 days away or so.  Which means that I have made it half-way through this ordeal.

Now, in my last update I filled you in on the fact that Viral load and CD4 count were looking good, and that I was having problems with sutures rupturing through my incision line.  Well, that is still the case, I have had 2 more bust through and the edges trimmed off of all of them.  The problem is that apparently the sutures are put in place to hold my insides in.  It takes the muscles and tissues in the abdomen quite awhile to nit back together, and the sutures were placed inside to ensure that everything healed properly.  Here is the problem, my body is rejecting the sutures and they are all busting through. So it looks like on September 11, 2012 I will have to undergo some kind of procedure to remove the sutures from my body.  Because until they are removed the wound will not heal properly.  As of today, the wound has gotten reinfected and it looks like I am going to have go back on antibiotics to fight it.

Like I told you before everything else is starting to function and act right under the new treatments and that is awesome news!  THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYER!  It is because of the constant prayer and support that each and everyone of you give to me that has allowed me to progress this far.  The words of encouragement and emails, and well wishes, that you each send and put on Facebook help lighten my load and brighten my days.  So thank you again for that.

Finally life is getting back to normal for me and it honestly looks like this crisis might actually pass.  With my kidney functions returning to more normal state, it looks like the predictions of me passing away before Christmas are not going to happen.  I am glad for that, and it opens my life up to a whole new realm of possibilities and thoughts for the future.  I hope that you will continue to stay in touch with me and keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  As I have learned, health can be a funny and tricky thing that changes it's mind on you in the blink of an eye.  So healthy today, turn for the worst tomorrow, however, I rather hope for the best and plan for the rest as it happens.  I don't put too much stock in worrying about the future anymore.

It is unfortunate that the first round of HIV meds caused irreparable damage to my kidneys and liver, they will never function at 100 percent again, but I can live with 95 and 80 percent.  I have been told that people survive on much worse percentages.  I know some that have only one kidney and are doing fine.

If you have been keeping up with my blog and reading my entries you can see that Positive Mental Attitude (PMA) is everything when battling a terminal or multiple terminal illness's.  I plan on working on further entries on what I have learned and experienced as I have traveled the road of illness and how it has helped transform the way that I look at things.  I hope you will keep on reading.

Over the next couple of days, I will be editing my previous entries and adding labels and search descriptions to each entry. This may take away from my writing a new entry every day for this week, but I honestly think it will help other people find what I am writing and discover the lessons I am talking about.

So I hope you will bear with me as I make these updates, and know that I will still be posting around the editing.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment