Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Can I ask you something, when did I become a Sir?

I went to the grocery store today and on my way home from the store there were 3 teenagers hanging out at the end of my street.  As I walked toward them the guy said to me "how are you doing today sir?"  When did this happen?  When did I go from being "Dude" or "Man" to "Sir"?  How did this happen to me?  Everyone tells me that I don't look my age, so why have I suddenly become my father?

For those of you that know me you know that I hang out with people that are younger then me and I do all sorts of activities that younger people do, I don't think of myself as old at all.  I still see myself like I am still in my 20's.  I make sure I eat right and try to take care of myself, but alas father time has been creeping up on me.  Most people have to ask me how old I am because they know that I am older but I do so many fun and active things that it makes pinning down and age to me.

Something happens to us when we reach 40.  Somehow we passed from being a "Dude" to "Sir". I am not sure what is is that happens that transforms us and propels us into middle age.  But, apparently I am not the only one this has happened too.  I guess before you know it I am going to wake up and see an old man staring me back in the mirror, but I am still going to feel like I am a young person.

I honestly think, that having a friend base of 20 somethings is what keeps me doing new things and keeps me feeling young.  So is this a bad thing? Am I supposed to grow old and feel old?  Does anyone out there have any idea of what I am talking about?

Can someone tell me why I went from being a peer to an elder?  Please fill me and give me some answers to all these questions. I really want to know the answer.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you.  Please feel free to drop me a line at bryanzepp@gmail.com or leave your answers on the blog.  Please feel free to join us by joining my blog and following my posts.

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment