Monday, June 11, 2012

It is official now..

I have received word that surgery is going to be on June 18, 2012 at 7:30 am.  That means that I have to be at the hospital waiting room at 5:30 am, and I will be in there 3 to 5 days if all goes according to plan.  With the extensive amount of cutting that will have to be done I am thinking I will probably be in there the full 5 days if not longer.  The last surgery I had on March 5th, I was in there for 19 days.  It was a rough time and I ended up spending a few days in intensive care. I am hoping that I get to skip a visit to the intensive care unit this time.

Pre-op is scheduled for this Thursday at 1:30 pm, and I am looking forward to getting that over and done with. I am not the type of person who likes doctors or hospitals for that matter, so the faster I am in an out of this one will make me feel all that much better.  This surgery is aimed at fixing some of the problems that I have been having with my kidney's and my liver, as well as parts of my colon that have been causing a great deal of difficulty with me for the last 5 years.

I met with the surgeon on Tuesday the 5th of June to discuss my options and I think that all the work and preliminary decisions have been made and I am comfortable with the way we are going to proceed from here.  I am ready as I am ever going to be on this.

I want to give you this notice that as of Monday the 18th there is going to be a short hiatus for the blog. I am pretty sure that for the first several days I will not be writing anything at all. I plan on picking up where I left off when I am finally released from the hospital and I am back home.  I will have my laptop and tablet at the hospital but I don't think I will be in any mood to write during that time.  However you can write to me at bryanzepp@gmail.com and I will respond to you as quickly as I can.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you.  We have a full week of writing yet to come before I get to take  my little vacation.

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment