Monday, June 18, 2012

Ever have a night where you can't sleep because something big is happening the next day?

Well if you are anything like me that happens quite a bit.  Usually it is because I am going on a trip or doing something that has me so excited I couldn't sleep.  Tonight is one of those nights, I guess I am anxious because of the surgery, I have been thinking about all of the benefits I am going to receive when this surgery is finally finished.  In a way I am really excited and looking forward to the change.  The way I have been living for the past 6 years has been on of constant irritation and pain, because my ileostomy tends to leak and I get acid burns on my skin around my stoma all the time.  That by far is one of the most exciting things that I am going to get out of the surgery.

I also got to talk to Sterling and my mother today and both of them have assured me that everything is going to be fine.  I know from talking to my cousin Joan that there is going to be a lot of people praying for me tomorrow.  Knowing that I honestly I am not worried or scared at this point, the worry has been replaced with excitement and anticipation.  When I come out of surgery and I have had plenty of rest, my body begins healing I will enjoy a future without daily pain.

All I can say at this point is that I am going to be talking to all of you soon.  Keep me in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow as surgery goes ahead as planned.  I look forward to getting back home and writing in my blog once again.  I am going to miss talking to all of you on Facebook and Google +.  Well I am off to bed and try to sleep at least a little bit before I have to get up and drive to the hospital.  Good night everyone and I will be seeing you and talking to you soon.

As all ways my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment