Friday, April 27, 2012

Vision, Is it 20/20?

Since the beginning of time there have been mystic, seers, gypsies, fortune tellers, prophets, evangelists, and myriads of people trying to divine the future, to glimpse and predict what will come and what will be.  Through it all it has amounted to not much.  Even some of the most noted prophets like Edgar Cayce and Nostrodamus have not been able to tell us exactly to the letter what the future holds for each of us.

I can honestly tell you that the future that is in-store for each of us is the culmination of the choices we have made, the paths we have chosen and the consequences of these things.  I cannot tell you exactly what is going to unfold for you or even myself.  I cannot even accurately predict when I am going to die or how it will occur.  All I can say for certainty is that because I was born into the human race I know that I am on the road toward death.  You see it was explained to Adam when him and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden that our time on Earth will be limited.  Because of Original sin we must now face a certain death.  I can also speak that because God loved us so much He sent Jesus to take on the sins of the world to ensure us eternal life free from our worldly burdens.

Now this might be a little to deep into the religious for you, but please bear with me on this because we are going to depart from religion here and talk about vision because you see vision is something that each of us possess.  It is a gift that we are given and if we use it correctly can help us to understand ourselves and the world a little better.

Though the haze of the future cannot be pierced we still have sight..have you ever heard of the saying "Hindsight is 20/20?" This is the point that we are going to start from...you see I cannot tell you what tomorrow holds for me, I cannot even tell you what the next minute holds...but I can clearly tell you what I did last year, 5 minutes ago.  Our past is the key to understanding the future, if we truly turn and reflect on what we have come through and where we have been, focus on the mistakes that we have made and strive to ensure that we don't repeat them we can ensure that we have a bright and happy future.  We must learn from our past and keep moving forward.  I can only see where I have stepped and have walked up to this exact point. But by reviewing and reflecting on what I have learned from my journey this far, it will help me place my feet on the correct path I am about to walk on going forward.

The mists of time obscure the distant past and the immediate future, but the near past, and where we are at this moment are perfectly clear in our eyes.  Please take the time and look at where you have been, where you have come from and and then you can plan on the direction that you want to go in the future.

My personal quote is as follows "Anything in this world can be accomplished if you only strive for perfection one day at a time" this is how I live my life and it might help you in yours.  I also want you to remember this that live is fleeting, and we do not have a guarantee that tomorrow will be granted to us.  So please give thanks every morning for the blessings of another day, and take the time to smell the roses along the way for time is fleeting and beauty fades, but hope and love and faith endure.

So here is my kernel of advice the one thing I hope you walk away from this post with is this:  Learn from the past, accept where you are at, face the consequences of your choices, look to the future and rejoice knowing that you are going to be blessed.  Understand that life is short, and we cannot move forward if we are looking backward, we cannot start anew if we cling to the past and refuse to let go.  That we can only get to where we are going if we continue to plod forward and head toward our own personal perfection.  Please please understand that life is short and fleeting take time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you and the people you are blessed with knowing and rejoice in the blessing you have and be strengthened by your journey, trials, and tribulations.  Remember this if nothing else...the person you are is the culmination of all that you have been through, what you have done, the hardships you faced and overcome and the people you have helped, and those that have helped you..the choices you have made and guess what as you look back at your life and learn you will see that you are unique and special in every way, and that you cannot be replaced...

All my hopes and dreams are with you...
Uncle B


No comments:

Post a Comment