Monday, November 18, 2013

On my mind

You walked out the door once again with no words on your lips.  You lied to my face and disappeared without a trace.  I have called and text but to no avail. Where did you go and why did you run?  I have helped and worked, cheered and supported.  Did what no one else was willing to do, yet how do you repay?  With disappearing without a trace.

I worked and did all that I can to get you free from your past and still you turn around and go back again.  You said to trust you and yet again you have let me down.  Actions speak louder than words you say, and here you go disappearing without a trace.

You say you love me and have asked me not to leave, but don't you see I am not the one who leaves.  I am the rock, the fixture that is always here when you disappear without a trace.

I have begged and pleaded for you to stay, but once again you just walk away.

You have broken my heart and my spirit and I don't want to live this way.

I love you still but I can be no more, you are the one that shut that door.

Can't you see that you have lost me, the one you said was the best thing you had

Why have you hurt me so bad?

Sometimes love is just not enough

So here I am calling your bluff.

I don't want to walk away

But with you I cannot stay

You made it this way!


No comments:

Post a Comment