Saturday, August 18, 2018

Saturday oh what a Day

You may be wondering where I have been for so long and why I haven’t posted anything?  Well I have been in and out of hospitals and recovering from all sorts of medical issues, then there was the fact that I lost everything that I owned that was up in Jacksonville.  I may never find out what really happened to my stuff, I just know that what I was told seems highly unlikely to have occurred and I am saddened that I lost a friend over stuff like that.  However, may the stuff that he has of mine serve him well as he embarks on the new journey of his life. 

I just know that I was stuck and had no help out of my situation and was constantly in and out of the hospital.  He didn’t bother to come and see me or try to find out what was happening with me, he just turned his back and blamed everything that happened on me and walked away.  He made me very uncomfortable the last time I saw him anyway, and his behavior really left questions in my mind as to his real thoughts and intentions.  With that being said it is time for me to move on and explain why I haven’t written in my blog in so long. 

The truth is that I have been writing and it is all down on paper in a 3 ring binder here on my desk.  But since I didn’t have a computer I had no way to get the information into the blog like I normally would have.  But I have stuff dating back to my final day in the hospital back at the end of July.  I have been in Orlando exactly a month and I have to say that I am in a much more stable environment than what I had been in.  Already everything that I lost except for the car has been recovered.  I have gotten a new bed, a new computer, a new laptop, my iphone service turned back on, an ipad as well as an android tablet.

There are some things that are different though, I am away from Daytona and the influences of the people there, which in my case is a good thing.  I couldn’t understand why I kept ending up in the hospital and why my kidney’s and blood pressure kept failing.  Come to find out that the major artery to my heart was almost 85% clogged and I had to have a heart catheter and angioplasty to fix the blockage.  So on July 15th I had heart surgery.  It was scary, but several good things came out of having that surgery, immediately following it my blood pressure stabilized and I stopped having the dizzy spells and seizures that I had been having prior to the surgery, and my kidney function improved almost back to normal levels.  Indicating to the doctors that I may not be as close to dialysis as they had thought. 

But since I couldn’t get online and give you regular updates I decided to sit down and do it today.  Just last night I was writing in my journal and was talking about what I was thinking about my future and weighing my past.  Something that I have been doing all week actually and most of the posts that I am about to type up are regarding that same issue.  But today was a beautiful day full of sunshine and no rain as of yet.  Which is something of a change in weather for what it has been like around here since the first day I arrived.

No matter what I am headed on the right path at this point, God has given me back all that I have lost and then some.  I am even doing well enough that I feel I am at a new point in my life and can honestly say that I have a future.  I have wrapped up many of the loose ends that I had left in Jacksonville, paid off the bed that I no longer have and the frame, I also got my checking accounts straightened out and I have gotten myself back into care with the VA and got my medicare straightened out.  All and all I am very happy with my progress since I have been here.  But, seeing as I had no other options, and the person who I was staying with and considered my friend turned me out like that, claimed that he had changed the locks and told me that I wasn’t welcome back there, then just a week or so later text me saying that everything I owned was lost that supposedly the landlord had evicted us and my stuff was on the side of the road and gone.

I know that this is not the real truth, it may have some factual basis, but being a retired attorney I know that there is an eviction process and that with me being in the hospital in intensive care my roommate could have used that and gotten an extension, he could have fought the eviction and won especially since he just suffered the loss of his partner and then I had the heart attack and was in the hospital.  But No everything that me and my ex had left up there is either gone or he is using at his own. Either way it is on him.  I know that my situation was extreme and I had people lying too me, stealing from me, and literally trashed my bank accounts, credit cards and the whole nine-yards.  But, that is all in the past and I am in a better place with all new things and life is once again sunny.
I couldn’t have asked for a better Saturday,  I woke up a little tire and a bit sore, but that quickly passed and once I got out and was able to enjoy the sun I felt so much better.  So much so that I am sitting here now typing to you telling you all about it.  I am still having some minor chest pains, but I see the cardiologist next week again and hopefully he will be able to tell me what is going on with my heart and why I am still hurting after all this time.  I sure hope that it isn’t another heat attack coming because the first one was very scary and totally unexpected.

Anyhow, I hope that you have a glorious Saturday like I did.  I am going to start typing my past entries into the journal.  Though they are not actually going to be posted on the date they were written. I will make sure that I put somewhere the date that I wrote them, and hopefully by Wednesday I will be caught up enough and will be able to keep writing almost daily and let you know what is happening and going on.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment