Friday, June 19, 2015

Health update

Yesterday I met with Dr. Clincea at the Orlando Outpatient Clinic in Orlando. We discussed my test results that I took earlier in the month and the results were amazing.  Not only have I increased my weight drastically went from 111 pounds in February to 148.6.  That is great news I was so underweight in February that all my healthcare providers were clearly concerned.

My viral load is still undetectable and my t cells are now close to 500 which is great news considering that I suffered from severe dehydration just a few months before and was unable to take my medication.  This shows my infectious disease team that my body is holding its own and fighting the disease at the cellular level.  Further, my kidney functions have started to improve and I have been moved from chronic kidney disease stage 4 to stage 3, as well as no detectable copies of Hep C in my system as well.

All in all the visit to Orlando was a welcome and pleasant change to my health situation.  However, this is just the beginning of a very long journey about my spine and the damage done by the osteomilitis that I was exposed to last year.  I was told when I was finally released from Carlton shores rehabilitation center that I had severe micro fractures along my t5 to t10 vertebrae.  See on the 1st of June I was involved in a serious car accident and my back, neck, arm and chest were affected by the accident.

I will know more later on in the month as the MRI's are finished and the extent of the damage is assessed by a Neurologist and a Neurosurgeon.

I will keep you informed as more information comes available.

As always my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment