Thursday, September 6, 2018

Confessions of an Addict

I woke up in a haze and wondered how if today was the day I would change my ways.

You came in and handed me a syringe and there I start my endless binge.

A wake me up, a pick me up and then a shot to make it through, my days flash through and it was all I knew.

Something missing the search is on, but it was well and truly gone, no one saw, never touched and still it can't be found it's nearly dawn.

I don't know where I am going to lay my head, I have been on my feet and walked on and on I am nearly dead.

I am broke and fading, I spent the day contemplating and still I can't figure out what's the joke.

No food no home I am on my own, so it down the streets I roam.

Homeless and worried about my high never thinking that I should ask my self why?

I have given my all to those around me, shared and tried to be fair, but in the end it is me that is left with nothing to show and my cupboards are still bare.

Every day the endless cycle begins, I don't know how to make it end, I am stuck and alone with nothing to call my own.

That is they way I feel each and every day, I know I have got to find another way,

But all my friends are just like me full of false hope and drudgery.

My days and night were filled with hopeless despair until I decided that realized that it was all more than I could bear so made a change and left it all behind and I chose a different path to grind.

Now things are so much better than they were before and I don't feel like my life is at chaos and war.

*********

This is dedicate to all those who I have left behind who are still struggling and railing against the grand design.  I hope that soon you will find peace that comes with recovery and clear headedness.

All my hopes and dreams are with you,

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment