Monday, January 9, 2017

Lazy Days and Rainy Days

Man I honestly thought that 2017 was going to be a better year than last year. As you have read December was my all time worst month, everything just cascaded and life became a huge cluster fuck.

Already 2017 has started off to such a rocky start that I am pretty much ready to throw in the towel and just ask Heaven for a do over.  January 5th  the sheriff showed up at the door to the place that I was staying and issued a 24 hour vacate notice. The judge in her infinite wisdom decided that she wasn't going to hear any arguments in Ms. Millie's eviction case. She arbitrarily sided with the landlord.

I was caught totally off guard and very ill prepared for removing everything from that house in just 24 hours. Further, I knew that neither of us had enough money to really get into anywhere and I was worried that I was going to be back out on the streets this time with an 83 year old woman in tow.  But heaven does provide for our needs and that night we went and looked at a small two bedroom house, I knew that it was going to be very tight financially for us to get in there, however the landlord was willing to work with us so Friday morning at 9:00 am my father arrives with his truck and we started the move. After making 4 or 5 trips back and forth my father had to call it quits. He really wasn't feeling well and we were all extremely tired. Unfortunately, there were quite a few things that ended up getting left behind. Many of the lady's clothes were left behind with all the food items we had and a whole cabinet of cups and coffee mugs.

Much to my dismay I was not able to find her a ride back out to the house. So all of the stuff that was left behind is more than likely lost forever by now. Not too mention that Friday night and almost all of Saturday it rained and the temperature plummeted leaving us very cold and miserable.  Tonight is now Sunday and we have gone the whole weekend without water or electricity. It being so cold out really made our brief stay in our new home pretty much a miserable disaster.

I am actually looking forward to this upcoming week with great anticipation, because I am so much closer to finally having my surgery that has been talked about for months. If you recall the local hospital decided that they were not equipped to handle such a complicated case as mine. So I have been referred to Shands hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville.  It is about time that this surgery has been scheduled. It has been 9 months since the operation has been discussed.

But as you can see 2017 really hasn't started off that great and is nothing to get excited about. However, like most things in life a slow start can lead to unexpected rewards.

One thing that you can be certain of is rainy days and Monday's will always get you down

As always Live well, Love much and Laugh often.

Uncle B

No comments:

Post a Comment